- The Detour - Using WordNet in a frame assignment system
25. Januar 2008, Colloquium Current Issues in Cross-Linguistic corpus exploration, Saarbrücken.Abstract: In this talk, I will explain and demonstrate a rule-based frame assignment system that uses WordNet to overcome sparse-data problems of statistical systems trained on current FrameNet data. The talk covers both the abstract algorithm as well as some aspects of the implementation.
9. Juli 2007, Workshop Wissenschaftsjournalismus - "Schreiben über Informatik", Schloss Dagstuhl.Abstract: Computerlinguistik in 20 Minuten
- Where to get the World Knowledge - Towards a Linking of FrameNet and SUMO
16. Juni 2007, TaCoS 17, Tubingen.Abstract: In high-level NLP applications, world knowledge needs to be included at some point in one way or another. While this need is obvious in tasks like Question Answering, where knowledge is what the application is about, experiences in Textual Entailment show that also such language-centric applications need to include knowledge about the world at some point. In my diploma thesis, I investigate, how such knowledge about the real world can be included in applications. Specifically, I worked on an interface between the lexicographically motivated resource FrameNet and the SUMO ontology, which claims to become a "standard upper ontology" and to contain domain-independent knowledge. Slides as PDF
Vorträge zu anderen Themen finden sich auf meiner anderen Webseite.