Chair of Computational Linguistics
Prof. Dr. Anette Frank
|Institut f├╝r Computerlinguistik||email: frank sign cl sign uni-heidelberg sign de|
|Im Neuenheimer Feld 325||phone: +49-(0)6221/54-3247|
|D-69120 Heidelberg||sek: +49-(0)6221/54-3245|
NewsNew Papers accepted:
Michael Roth and Anette Frank: Inducing Implicit Arguments from
Comparable Texts: A Framework and its Applications.
to appear in Computational Linguistics.
- Eva M├║jdricza-Maydt, Silvana Hartmann, Iryna Gurevych and Anette
Frank (2016): Combining Semantic Annotation of Word Sense & Semantic
Roles: A Novel Annotation Scheme for VerbNet Roles on German
Language Data. In Proceedings of LREC, Portoro┼ż, Slovenia,
to appear 2016.
Ana Marasovi─ç, Mengfei Zhou, Alexis Palmer and Anette Frank: Modal Sense Classification At Large: Paraphrase-Driven Sense Projection, Semantically Enriched Classification Models and Cross-Genre Evaluations. In: Linguistic Issues in Language Technology, Special issue on Modality in Natural Language Understanding, to appear 2016.
- AIPHES is a DFG-funded research training group we have started in April, jointly with TU Darmstadt. The advertised positions have been filled.
- The new Leibniz Science Campus: Empirical Linguistics and Computational Language Learning has started in April, too. We are currently re-inviting for applications to fill remaining open positions. Learn more about the research agenda of the newly established ScienceCampus.
- Finally, we have started the CLARIN-D Curation project Semantic Annotation for Digital Humanities, a cooperation project with TU Darmstadt.
I am member of the standing reviewer committee of TACL.
My research focuses on corpus-based statistical methods for multilingual semantic and discourse processing and NLP applications built thereon, including NLP for natural language understanding and information access and NLP for cultural heritage.
Office Hours and Teaching
- Sprechstunden im Sommersemester 2016: Do. 16:30 - 18:00. Bitte Anmeldung per email.
- Information about my courses.
- Writing a thesis or homework:
- Leibniz ScienceCampus: Empirical Linguistics and Computational Language Learning (2015 - 2019)
- DFG Graduiertenkolleg: Adaptive Informationsaufbereitung aus Heterogenen Quellen (2015 - 2019)
- CLARIN-D Curation Project: Semantic Annotation for Digital Humanities (2015 - 2016)
- Coherence in Language Processing: Semantics beyond the Sentence (2011 - 2014)
- CLARIN-D (2011 - 2014, 2014 - 2016)
- Ontology Modeling for Ritual Structure Research (2009 - 2013)
- The Role of Context in Language Processing (2011 - 2012)
- Turkologischer Anzeiger: Creation of a Translingual Database (2009 - 2010)
- SightSee: Synchronous Generation of Language and 3D-Scenes (2008 - 2010)
- SmartWeb (2006 - 2007)
- SALSA II (2004 - 2007; co-project leader, with Manfred Pinkal)
- Quetal (2003 - 2005; co-project leader)
- WhiteBoard (2001 - 2002; co-project leader)
- Language Technology Lab, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, DFKI, Saarbrücken (2000 - 2007)
- Multilingual Language and Technology (MLTT) group, Xerox Research Centre Europe, XRCE, Grenoble (1997 - 2000)
- Institute of Natural Language Processing (IMS), University of Stuttgart (1991 - 1997)