Statistical Natural Language Processing GroupWelcome to the Statistical Natural Language Processing Group at the Institute for Computational Linguistics at Heidelberg University. Our research addresses various aspects of the problem of the confusion of languages, by means of interactive statistical learning techniques, for example, learning from human reinforcement/bandit feedback.
We organize the weekly Statistical NLP Colloquium.
New research project in Conversational AI, funded by Google Focused Research Award
We are happy to announce a new research project on the topic of Conversational AI, funded by a Google Focused Research Award. We are looking to fill an open Postdoctoral position. For more information on the project, see here.
New research of the StatNLP group on the combination of structured prediction and sequence-to-sequence learning has been accepted for publication in the TACL journal. Access the paper here.
Launching our blog
- We entered the blogosphere with the StatNLP HD Blog. Our posts will focus on pitfalls in methodologies, recent advances and important problems in our field of research.
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Riezler (group leader)
- Sariya Karimova, M.A.
- Julia Kreutzer, M.A.
- Tsz Kin Lam, M.Sc.
- Mayumi Ohta, M.A.
- Shigehiko Schamoni, M.A.
- Michael Staniek, B.A.
- Dr. Laura Jehl, Equities Researcher, Quoniam Quantitative Investment Engineering, Frankfurt a.M.
- Dr. Felix Hieber, Machine Learning Scientist at Amazon, Berlin.
- Dr. Carolin Lawrence, Research Scientist at NEC Lab Europe, Heidelberg.
- Dr. Katharina Wäschle, Research Scientist at Fraunhofer Institute, Freiburg.
- Prof. Dr. Artem Sokolov, Machine Learning Scientist at Amazon, Berlin and Honorary Professor at Heidelberg University.
- Dr. Patrick Simianer, Research Scientist at Lilt.