We conduct empirical research on various aspects of computational linguistics, using statistical and machine learning methods. Major research topics include semantic and discourse modeling, statistical machine translation and information retrieval, and multi- and crosslingual processing.
Find out more about the individual research groups and their activities:
- Research Group Prof. Dr. Anette Frank, Computational Linguistics
- Research Group Prof. Dr. Stefan Riezler, Linguistic Informatics
- Leibniz Science Campus "Empirical Linguistics and Computational Language Learning"
- DFG-Graduiertenkolleg AIPHES
Joint Doctoral Program
ICL and NLP@HITS run a joint Doctoral Program "Semantic Processing". It includes the LGF-funded research group "Coherence in language processing".
We are involved in various research cooperations
- within Heidelberg University,
- with neighboring research institutes,
- with international research groups.
Keep posted on our Speaker Series