SCL at the ACL 2010 in Uppsala
All our submissions, 8 in number, have been accepted for the Main Conference, Workshops and the Student Research Workshop at the upcoming 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics in Uppsala, Sweden, July 11–16.
- Simone will present two papers at the main conference: one on knowledge acquisition, the other on WSD.
- Nils will present his first take on identifying generic expressions ... at the main conference!
- Galina will present the outcomes of her Masters thesis on learning presuppositions at the ACL Student Research Workshop.
- Asif, Eva, Anette and Simone will present their first take on Fine-Grained Named Entity Recognition and Classification at the Named Entity Workshop (NEWS).
- Carina, Samuel and Simone will present their systems for the SemEval-2010 task on "Cross-Lingual Word Sense Disambiguation" and "Coreference Resolution in Multiple Languages".
- Last and not least, Matthias goes further with his favorite topic, proposing a very interesting paper to the GEometrical Models of Natural Language Semantics Workshop (GEMS). Watch this space ...
After months of hard work, we're looking forward to spending a very interesting and well deserved week in Uppsala with lots of friends and colleagues from the NLP community and great food for thought!