Chair of Computational Linguistics
Prof. Dr. Anette Frank
|Institut fÃ¼r Computerlinguistik||email: frank sign cl sign uni-heidelberg sign de|
|Im Neuenheimer Feld 325||phone: +49-(0)6221/54-3247|
|D-69120 Heidelberg||sek: +49-(0)6221/54-3245|
Office Hours and Teaching
- Office hours WS 18/19: Please write an email!
- Writing a thesis or homework:
I am Area Chair for the ACL 2019 Conference in FlorenceLooking forward to a great conference!
Editorial Board of the Computational Linguistics JournalI am member of the editorial board of the CL journal (2018 -- 2021)
Selected new publications
- Juri Opitz and Anette Frank (2018): Addressing the Winograd Schema Challenge as a Sequence Ranking Task, International Workshop on Language, Cognition and Computational Models (LCCM), to appear.
- Todor Mihaylov and Anette Frank (2018): Knowledgeable Reader: Enhancing Cloze-Style Reading Comprehension with External Commonsense Knowledge, ACL 2018, Melbourne (Volume 1: Long Papers).
- Angel Daza and Anette Frank (2018): A Sequence-to-Sequence Model for Semantic Role Labeling, RepL4NLP@ACL 2018, Melbourne, Australia.
- Ana MarasoviÄ‡ and Anette Frank (2018): SRL4ORL: Improving Opinion Role Labelling using Multi-task Learning with Semantic Role Labeling, NAACL 2018, New Orleand, LA.
- Vivi Nastase, Devon Fritz and Anette Frank (2018): DeModify: A Dataset for Analyzing Contextual Constraints on Modifier Deletion, LREC 2018, Miyazaki, Japan.
- Ana MarasoviÄ‡ and Anette Frank (2017): SRL4ORL: Improving Opinion Role Labelling using Multi-task Learning with Semantic Role Labeling, Learning with Limited Labeled Data Workshop, LLD@NIPS.
- Ana MarasoviÄ‡, Leo Born, Juri Opitz and Anette Frank: A Mention-Ranking Model for Abstract Anaphora Resolution. EMNLP 2017, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Maria Becker, Michael Staniek, Vivi Nastase and Anette Frank: Enriching Argumentative Texts with Implicit Knowledge, NLDB 2017, Liege, Belgium.
- Maria Becker, Michael Staniek,Vivi Nastase, Alexis Palmer, and Anette Frank: Classifying Semantic Clause Types: Modeling Context and Genre Characteristics with Recurrent Neural Networks and Attention. *SEM 2017, Vancouver, Canada.
DFG accepts new project on Knowledge-based Argumentation AnalysisThe new project ExpLAIN: Between the lines -- Knowledge-based Analysis of Argumentation in a formal Argumentation Inference System is funded within the DFG priority program RATIO: Robust Argumentation Machines.
The project will be jointly conducted by Prof. Anette Frank and Prof. Heiner Stuckenschmidt (University of Mannheim) and their associated research groups.
The project will
- uncover missing explanatory links in argumentative texts,
- fill in automatically acquired knowledge that makes the structure of the argument explicit, and
- will establish and verify the knowledge-enhanced argumentation structure with a combination of formal reasoning and machine learning.
Within the priority programme RATIO: Robust Argumentation Machines we will contribute to community actions, shared tasks and evaluation efforts.
My research focuses on corpus-based statistical methods for multilingual semantic and discourse processing and NLP applications built thereon, including NLP for natural language understanding and information access and NLP for cultural heritage.I am member of the standing reviewer committee of TACL.
- Between the lines - Knowledge-based Analysis of Argumentation in a formal Argumentation Inference System (SPP RATIO: Robust Argumentation Machines) (2018 - 2021)
- Leibniz ScienceCampus: Empirical Linguistics and Computational Language Learning (2015 - 2019)
- DFG Graduiertenkolleg: Adaptive Informationsaufbereitung aus Heterogenen Quellen (2015 - 2019)
- CLARIN-D Curation Project: Semantic Annotation for Digital Humanities (2015 - 2016)
- CLARIN-D (2011 - 2014, 2014 - 2016)
- Coherence in Language Processing: Semantics beyond the Sentence (2011 - 2014)
- Ontology Modeling for Ritual Structure Research (2009 - 2013)
- The Role of Context in Language Processing (2011 - 2012)
- Turkologischer Anzeiger: Creation of a Translingual Database (2009 - 2010)
- SightSee: Synchronous Generation of Language and 3D-Scenes (2008 - 2010)
- SmartWeb (2006 - 2007)
- SALSA II (2004 - 2007; co-project leader, with Manfred Pinkal)
- Quetal (2003 - 2005; co-project leader)
- WhiteBoard (2001 - 2002; co-project leader)
- Language Technology Lab, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, DFKI, Saarbrücken (2000 - 2007)
- Multilingual Language and Technology (MLTT) group, Xerox Research Centre Europe, XRCE, Grenoble (1997 - 2000)
- Institute of Natural Language Processing (IMS), University of Stuttgart (1991 - 1997)